A Note about Sugarbush Draft Horses

I see it over and over again, and no matter how many times it's said, it's still wrong. "Sugarbush Drafts are just an Appaloosa Draft Cross". Uh.... no. The Sugarbush Draft Horse was a breed created many years ago in Ohio. While the initial cross was made using Percherons to Appaloosas, in the many generations following, the breed has been solidified into a consistent type. Saying these horses are "just" a draft cross makes as much sense as saying that AQHA horses are "just" a Thoroughbred cross, American Cream Drafts are "just" a dilute Belgian, or that Morgans are "just" a grade.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

We Will Not Forget!

I was working in a vet clinic at the time.  I was just a few minutes late to work, hoped out to open the gates, and when I got back in the car, I heard the DJ on the radio talking about it.

I didn't really pay attention at first.  It wasn't until I was inside, cleaning up and preparing to open the clinic that I heard a second plane had hit the towers.  I stopped working, sat and listened.  Just like all of us, I know exactly where I was, and what I did on that fateful day.

You see, my uncle works near there.  I'm not exactly sure where, but I know it's very close to the world trade centers.  He's an FBI agent.  It took many hours before we heard news that he was ok.  He had taken the morning off work, and was at home instead.  But for those few moments, I knew how others must have felt.

September 11th brought the country together through fear and determination.  We helped, we heard, and we cried together.  That is the spirit of Americans that makes us so strong.

The dust that fell from those crumbling towers covered all of us alike.  Black, white, rich, poor, savior and saved.  In the end, it left the people of New York as one.  Grey, exhausted, sadened and dirty, banning together in their grief.

Let us not forget the lessons of September 11th.  Let us remember that we are all Americans.  Muslim, Christian, Jewish and Athiest, we all died together that day.  Black, White, Yellow, Brown, and shades inbetween, we all died together that day.  Canadian, American, immigrants and nationals, we all died together that day.  If Septermber 11th taught us anything, it should be to set aside the hate.

In memory of those who were lost, those who were found, and those who gave their all to help others, I refuse to give in to hate.  The Twin Towers were attacked because of hate.  Hate of western cultures.  Hate of our freedoms.  Hate of things that are different. 

I refuse to allow the terrorists to win.  Today, for all my fellow people out there, American and others, I offer you love.

6 comments:

  1. If people continue to love, learn and pull together in the face of such tradgedy , the terrorism will never win . Prayers to all the families of those lost , and for a stronger brighter future for all

    ReplyDelete
  2. See? John Lennon did have it right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's too bad we can't always live peaceably together.

    Such sad memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. in the last picture, the words love are inscribed on the base of the statue. And to give credit where it's due, all images are from the associated press.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola! I've been reading your web site for some time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Houston Tx! Just wanted to say keep up the excellent work!

    Also visit my web page: garcinia cambogia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really loving the theme/design of your blog. Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility problems? A number of my blog readers have complained about my blog not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Safari. Do you have any advice to help fix this problem?

    My page www.amazon.com

    ReplyDelete