A Note about Sugarbush Draft Horses

I see it over and over again, and no matter how many times it's said, it's still wrong. "Sugarbush Drafts are just an Appaloosa Draft Cross". Uh.... no. The Sugarbush Draft Horse was a breed created many years ago in Ohio. While the initial cross was made using Percherons to Appaloosas, in the many generations following, the breed has been solidified into a consistent type. Saying these horses are "just" a draft cross makes as much sense as saying that AQHA horses are "just" a Thoroughbred cross, American Cream Drafts are "just" a dilute Belgian, or that Morgans are "just" a grade.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Programing Change for the weekend

I am almost caught up with life, and the holidays!  Between working the horses, getting Crash ready for his new owner's arrival, and a few horses heading back home this week, it's been a slight mad house around here.

The Mustangs went home earlier this week.  I'm going to miss those boys, but I really think their owner will adore them.  Rooster of course decided that he was going to play the run away game when his owner arrived, which makes me feel like a liar.  I know that horse is easy to catch when he wants to be... but what horse isn't, right?  I will say that he's SO much calmer under saddle now, and that Huck is going great as well.  The only thing I had left to do with those boys was all play (for me!).

My boarders are almost ready to head home.  Their new home is finished (or nearly so) and they will be leaving me on Sunday.  This means that it's going to be quiet around here for 2 weeks!  I only will have one client horse, Hanna, here to be trained, and my own horses to ride.  I plan to be posting updates on all of those soon.

But, the downside of all this is that I've over booked myself for this weekend.  For all of my pony party friends, I'm canceling Sunday's ride.  If I forget to email/call/text you personally, check with me.   

But unless something drastic happens, this Sunday ( December 19th) is canceled.

So, most likely next week, we will return to our regularly scheduled programing.

5 comments:

  1. whew you are one busy woman!

    Enjoy your overbooked weekend, I hope it's some fun.. oh heck.. I hope it's ALL fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for Crash! When does his new person arrive?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've had a lot on your plate. Sounds like you should get a nice break to recuperate. Too bad breaks and the holidays go together like oil and water. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you've had a lot on your plate. Sounds like you should get a nice break to recuperate. Too bad breaks and the holidays go together like oil and water. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. whew you are one busy woman!

    Enjoy your overbooked weekend, I hope it's some fun.. oh heck.. I hope it's ALL fun!

    ReplyDelete