A Note about Sugarbush Draft Horses

I see it over and over again, and no matter how many times it's said, it's still wrong. "Sugarbush Drafts are just an Appaloosa Draft Cross". Uh.... no. The Sugarbush Draft Horse was a breed created many years ago in Ohio. While the initial cross was made using Percherons to Appaloosas, in the many generations following, the breed has been solidified into a consistent type. Saying these horses are "just" a draft cross makes as much sense as saying that AQHA horses are "just" a Thoroughbred cross, American Cream Drafts are "just" a dilute Belgian, or that Morgans are "just" a grade.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

U Spur Radio promotes the Sugarbush Draft Horse!

On Tuesday,  July 27, U Spur radio hosted an hour long program dedicated to the Sugarbush Draft Horse!  Myself, Stephanie, and the other Heather were interviewed, and did our best to answer questions about this breed, as well as get the word out.

I have to admit here, that I HATE public speaking of any kind, and was a complete and nervous wreck.  Knowing that there's a recording of my being made is enough to send me into fits.  And my poor friends who had to deal with the whining!  I have not listened to it (as I kinda lived it being a part of the broadcast) and there's a good chance I won't have the guts to listen to it.  I'm my own worst critic!

I'd like to thank Charity Jacobs for giving us another avenue to let the world know about our horses.  Check out her program at http://www.5starunplugged.com/unplugged/u-spur-radio/

So check it out, and feel free to pass along the link!
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/5starunplugged/2011/07/27/u-spur-radio--interview-w-ladies-of-sugarbush-draft-horses

(Shameless sharing on twitter, facebook, and other social media is greatly appreciated!)


Listen to internet radio with 5 Star Unplugged on Blog Talk Radio

4 comments:

  1. You did great and lived to tell about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful horses, I look forward to learning more. I am sure you did fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by to visit my blogs. Hope you got a peek at my equine lovlies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know it. I stop by often, I just don't always have a keyboard with the ability to type decently. And trust me, you do NOT want to see me type on my phone (subtract all Ns... I can't seem to hit the N key!)

    ReplyDelete