A Note about Sugarbush Draft Horses

I see it over and over again, and no matter how many times it's said, it's still wrong. "Sugarbush Drafts are just an Appaloosa Draft Cross". Uh.... no. The Sugarbush Draft Horse was a breed created many years ago in Ohio. While the initial cross was made using Percherons to Appaloosas, in the many generations following, the breed has been solidified into a consistent type. Saying these horses are "just" a draft cross makes as much sense as saying that AQHA horses are "just" a Thoroughbred cross, American Cream Drafts are "just" a dilute Belgian, or that Morgans are "just" a grade.

Friday, December 9, 2011

Have you ever had that time, when you just have no time....

...And you don't have a clue where it went?  Yeah, that's so me lately.  I just feel completely swamped, like I always have something on the go, and like I never have the time to actually pay attention to the people and things I should be paying time to!

So, for everyone that has tried to call me, and failed recently, that means YOU.

But in all honesty, I can't really figure out where my time is going.  I'm absolutely exhausted, I'm always rushing to do SOMEthing, usually something silly, and I've got almost nothing done that is worth bragging about.  Oh sure, I've cleaned stalls, fed horses, tilled the arena, cleaned my desk (which is a monumental task in itsself), fought with the computer...

And tomorrow I will do it all over again.

So, this weekend I am taking a nice vacation from stupid hectic things, and gonna play with my ponies (because it's predicted to rain most of next week) and then I'm going to take some time off from "work".  During that time, I plan to completely screw off, and do things that I WANT TO DO, like watch movies, and such (while staying warm and dry).

It's also very likely that I'll catch up on some blog posts.  I haven't forgotten about the tack stuff, but I am stuck needing to do some research (to make sure I'm not lieing to people) before I can continue.

But, to pass the time, for the next few days, I have a few things lined up.  Starting tomorrow morning, I will be posting a breeding cross a day, and asking for name suggestions.  These will either be Sugarbush or Stonewall babies, and I'll list the naming criteria for each one.

Names of course will be selected when the foal is born, and we know what it is!

2 comments:

  1. Boy howdy do I understand too busy to know where the time is going!  Enjoy your break and recharge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Yes! The last month has been a blur- between remodeling the house and working dawn to dark...

    ReplyDelete