A Note about Sugarbush Draft Horses

I see it over and over again, and no matter how many times it's said, it's still wrong. "Sugarbush Drafts are just an Appaloosa Draft Cross". Uh.... no. The Sugarbush Draft Horse was a breed created many years ago in Ohio. While the initial cross was made using Percherons to Appaloosas, in the many generations following, the breed has been solidified into a consistent type. Saying these horses are "just" a draft cross makes as much sense as saying that AQHA horses are "just" a Thoroughbred cross, American Cream Drafts are "just" a dilute Belgian, or that Morgans are "just" a grade.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Baby Pictures!

What can I say, I love taking pictures of my new babies.  Raven (black and white) is the super model, always wanting to post pretty, and get fawned over.  Linus (white) is the shy one, usually hiding behind his mother, or if he decides the group is small enough, coming right up into your face.  There's no middle ground with him.  And Oublie, (Black with blaze and socks) she's every one's best friend.  You can't go anywhere with out her.  Most of these pictures were taken either from a distance (for Oublie's) or with Oublie right next to me, trying to chew on some part of me.  Evidently she really thinks I need to be groomed.









7 comments:

  1. How wonderfully precious!!!!  Your horses are amazing and their foals are too.  I love their colors and markings.  I particularly love the last two pictures, B E A U T I F U L ♥ 
     

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the first foal pictured.  What a character!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy Oublie sure looks like her mommy, she is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable babies - thanks for the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bring on those baby photos. I always love to see them. Raven is certainly a pretty one...and a comic. Oublie is adorable! And Linus is in the grass- precious!!

    ReplyDelete